What is a Naturopathic Functional visit like?
Naturopathic Functional Medicine offers - more!
The Initial visit usually lasts an hour – enough time to go over your current concerns, your symptoms, your health history, medications and supplements you are taking, as well as your lifestyle habits and health goals.
Questions? Yes please! As many as you have! Healing starts with understanding, and having your questions answered is the basis for making an informed choice.
...more In-Depth & Specialized Testing
Conventional testing is great at finding life-threatening changes in your health.
However, in order to un-puzzle the small differences between normal and optimal health, or to find the changes occurring in complex conditions, comprehensive and specialized tests are necessary.
Naturopathic Functional Medicine is patient centered – meaning you are the heart of the visit and the treatment! Test results will give us a framework for which areas of your health may need attention. However, it is finding a treatment that matches your circumstances, your goals and your preferences that that will ultimately lead to lasting success.
What happens in the visit?
- Assess current health concerns and health goals
- Review the health of all body systems and identify connections with current or future concerns
- Review your past medial history
- Determine where further information through testing is required
- 45-60 min
- Discuss the results of completed tests
- Highlight abnormal results for which treatment is essential
- Identify normal vs. optimal results for which treatment is beneficial
- Establish an individualised treatment plan according to your health needs and personal goals
- 30-45 min
- Health History
- Standard lab testing + imaging
- Comprehensive lab testing
- Specialized functional testing
- Referral to + cooperation with other medical specialists
- Nutraceutical therapy (supplements)
- Herbal and botanical therapy
- Bio-identical hormone therapy
- Intravenous nutrient therapy
- Chelation therapy
- High-dose intravenous vitamin C (HDIVC)
- Mistletoe therapy
- Prescription medication
- Diet adjustments
- Lifestyle advice
At the end of each visit, or sometimes a few days after your visit (in case additional research is required) you will receive a comprehensive treatment plan, including
- Treatment rational
- List of tests to complete
- List of remedies, doses + durations
- Any next steps to take
Identifying the root cause, treating the whole person and re-establishing the natural balance takes time.
There are no shortcuts and no quick fixes!
Meanwhile, the results are long-lasting, and re-balancing one body system creates a ripple-effect that soon provides lasting wellness for the whole body.
Therapy duration depends on the type of the condition, how long the ailment has existed, how your body responds and on your cooperation.
First improvements are commonly seen within
- 30 days for acute conditions
- 3 months for chronic conditions
- Resolution of long term chronic symptoms may require monitoring and continuous therapy over a few months